Every year when the 4th of July rolls around my thoughts bring me back to my 10 year old self and how I spent that day.
I miss being with my family and all of my siblings and cousins on the fourth. Even though I pretty much saw all of you every. single. day. It was as if the fourth was more of a magical day for me.
Grilling out and playing in the pool all day at my uncle and aunt's house.
The hot sun on my shoulders and the carefree childhood play filling my day.
So if you are one of those I used to spend those summer days with in July, please know I especially think of you on that day....and I smile.

I miss being with my family and all of my siblings and cousins on the fourth. Even though I pretty much saw all of you every. single. day. It was as if the fourth was more of a magical day for me.
Grilling out and playing in the pool all day at my uncle and aunt's house.
The hot sun on my shoulders and the carefree childhood play filling my day.
So if you are one of those I used to spend those summer days with in July, please know I especially think of you on that day....and I smile.



It wasn't your imagination... those days were magical. I'm thinking of you guys too:)
ReplyDelete