Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Forgetful Jones recap

The older I get the worse my memory gets. Lets face it folks, I realize I am not that old. When I was younger my sisters called me Forgetful Jones. Forgetful Jones was a ugly purple guy with wild hair in a cowboy hat. He played on Sesame Street.  I hated when they called me that name...they mostly did it when I was being forgetful and couldn't find something. I believe I was more upset about the fact they were calling me a name and he was ugly!!! I eventually started to realize I was the most forgetful person in the world!!! So I am going to do a quick rundown of my week to help my forgetfulness. :)


*We bought a new refrigerator this week because our old one finally died. I was soo mad at that old scrap of metal. It was slowly dying and we were unable to use it for a few days while we waited on the new one to arrive.


*The boys and I made an awesome spaceship out of the HUGE box that the fridge came in. We have it in the spare room so they can play with it for the week. We drew buttons and cut out window and even added Christmas lights to the top.



*We had our first boat experience yesterday and I think it is safe to say we had the time of our lives out on that boat. It was with the entire Hemsley Family to celebrate Jason's parents 50th wedding anniversary. We were real cheesy and had matching shirts  and all. Daniel almost lost his mind when we tried to put him in the water. He screamed and cried and then once he was in he was soo happy.



*We went to a park in Athens that has a huge pond with ducks and we fed them. It also had a mini FREE zoo and we got to see a bear climb a tree!! I was completely shocked at how far up he went. I also had this tiny fear he would leap off the tree towards us. I keep pushing that thought out of my head...but it kept coming! It was creepy and amazing all at the same time. Then after being in the heat for sooo long we went and got the best shakes in the world at The Varsity. Yum yum..I want another now!!
Also on a side note...We went to Athens with all of his cousins and two of his aunts. Let me tell you how much I ADORE Joseph and Daniels older cousins Sam, Ben and Will. They are so protective and playful with my boys and it makes their world rock and melts my heart.


1 comment:

  1. The box is always more fun than the thing that comes in it. :-) Always. (Great update!)

    ReplyDelete