
This road trip is OVER!
Yes it is over, however the trauma still remains.
Friday while the movers were packing us up my good friend Hannah let us stay at her house while she was gone so Joseph could be his wild little self. It was so nice to not have to walk the mall all day long so THANKS!! When the movers finished we went back and cleaned house. I had one sad moment before locking the door for the last time. I would have to say the best memory of the apartment was bringing home my little baby. The sadness lasted for a brief moment, because thoughts of being in GA were too exciting!
Now the road trip begins. He was doing really well. Jason and I had nothing to do with that. Our amazing friend the DVD player was our saving grace.
Yes, I am one of THOSE parents.
He falls asleep and I do too. Things are great. We wanted to drive to Winston- Salem where we used to live to stay the night. Jason was determined not to stop until we got there. The rain slowed us down and we arrived at 2 in the morning and I crawled into bed at 2:30 am.
Then, the misery begins. One hour later the little guy woke up.
Time to nurse.
No he doesn't want that.
Rock him.
No.
Sing to him?
No.
An hour passes and Jason told me to turn on the Baby Einstein. So I do, yes this should work. He will fall asleep. 30 minutes pass. He is still awake. I deiced to push replay. This time I put him back in the pack-n-play and hope he will watch and fall asleep. Boy does he watch.
He looked like a little prisoner with his face meshed up against the pack-n-play. So sad. I felt like the worst parent.
Still awake.
Fast forward, 3 hours have passed and he finally falls asleep. I lay him down and the bed is calling my name. As I wrap the blanket around me....zzzzzzz.....I am out. until 40 minutes later he is up again.
I get out of bed and fall to the floor.
How did I get here? I try to stand up and fall again. My leg is asleep. I am telling Joseph to hold on. I promise I will pick you up again when my leg can hold my body up again.
I muster all the strength I have left and pick him up. More bouncing and he is asleep.
Then I do what I said I would never do before I had my baby.
I put him in bed with me.
Only for him to wake up for the day 20 minutes later.
The joys of parenthood. Why didn't I do this sooner?!
Update:
Well after reading the comments and getting calls from others I thought I would tell you that I find it all a bit humorous now. Especially the part when I fell on the floor!
So don't feel bad for me, it's my life and I love that little boy to much to get mad.

You gotta love nights like that... I am soo sorry!
ReplyDeleteOoooo Rebecca. That was painfull to read. Excited your back in Georgia though! We should try to get together soon!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha I love you! And I am soooooo excited! Joseph can spend the night here...I will take care of him for you so you can sleep!
ReplyDeleteOh man, that sounds terrible. I hate nights like that - especially when Mom is so exhausted. I always tell my kids it's a good thing they're so cute, otherwise, I wouldn't put up with those kinds of things! :-)
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!
Welcome HOME!
ReplyDeleteHey, at least you got to sleep in the car, even if you didn't get to sleep at the hotel. I'm surprised the baby einstein didn't do the trick! But, at least it's all over now and you are there! We miss you.
ReplyDelete