Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Today I am 6 months old!!


Wow! Time sure has gone by so fast. I didn't really believe it could go by so fast. Proven wrong once again! We went to the Dr and the little man is 17lbs and 5 oz. (maybe not so little!) We have to go back for another weight check in 6 wks. They felt like he had improved everywhere except for height. Jason asked me if I told them he was a Hemsley and probable wouldn't be growing much more. I thought he felt extra heavy while going up and down these 4 flights of stairs lately. He got one oral and 4 shots. He went crazy! But is resting now. Poor baby if only he understood these were good for him.
I have been looking forward to Joseph turning 6 months so I could start him on solids. He has been eating rice cereal for dinner and oatmeal for breakfast for almost two months now. He really likes to eat and has already dropped one of his nursing feedings. I am sad to see him drop them yet happy at the same time. Weird how you want them to stay babies and grow up all at the same time.
Not only have I been wanting to give him baby food, I have wanted to make it myself. I know it sounds like a lot of work. But really it was lots of fun and I did lots of batches at one time so I will only have to grab a cube or two every time he eats. Plus if it gets to be too much for me I can always buy from the grocery store. I cannot wait till tomorrow because that is the big day. I thought it would be fun if Jason were here also. I will be sure to post pictures of the big moment!!

Fun fact about Joseph

he loves to make raspberries
he rolls everywhere
he enjoys to sit up, but has had some boo boo's from doing so....
he is rather good with a sippy cup
he loves to Fly with daddy
still adores bath time
if he is sleepy but doesn't want to go to sleep, he will start to cry by me just walking into his room. when you step out he stops.
he is ticklish on his back and when you kiss his neck
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. The picture with his eye brows up, I think I've only seen about a million pictures of Spencer doing that. Man, he looks like his uncle! I can't believe he is 17lbs and 5 oz. He is just about to beat Ella. haha. JK I think we have finally reached 20 lbs. Rebecca he is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 months Joseph!!! Love, Levi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 months! Wow, time sure goes by quickly. I can hardly believe how big he is!

    ReplyDelete