Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bitter Sweet.

Just a glimpse at how many stairs one must go up and down if they were to come to my house. Also Rachel being super mom and bringing both kids down because I am not allowed to carry anything down the stairs.


Three days this week I have had to go up and down the stairs . First to go to my doctor to check on my incision. Which is healing well. Also the same day I went to take Joseph to the doctor for his check up. They were concerned about his weight because he had lost almost a pound when we left the hospital and had not gained as much back. Another thing they were concerned about was they thought he was tongue tied. That is where the piece of skin that connects the tongue to the bottom of the mouth is too short. So he couldn't nurse the correct way. He would latch on correctly but when it was time to suck he could only get the tip. Which was insanely painful for me and frustrating for him. The second time I had to go back to his doctor so they could check his weight gain over 2 days. He did gain but the doctor and I agreed to get his tongue clipped.
So today Rachel and I loaded up the kids again and went to get his little tongue clipped.

Here is the tool that my son thinks is evil and I think saved my life!!!


He just doesn't know whats about to hit him!!
The doctor told me the skin is really thin and shouldn't bleed. However when he checked it out he couldn't believe how tongue tied he was. The skin was really thick and he told me that Joseph would bleed because it was so bad.


Here he is in the torture chair.


Boy did he bleed! I had to hold him down while the doctor clipped his tongue. Joseph cried and so did his momma. Afterwards the doctor asked me to feed him and it was soooo much easier. I could tell a huge difference from before. I would have paid the man a whole lot more money because it has changed our feedings.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. I will be going through something similar when Levi goes to the urologist in a few weeks. I don't think either one of us will enjoy those visits. Glad to hear that nursing is going better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Breaks your heart, huh? I still hate taking Spencer to the doctor to get shots. It's so sad. But I'm happy that nursing is going better. Life is always better when your baby is full and happy! You look fabulous, by the way! 20 lbs in one week, I can't wait!!! You are one cute momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...joseph looks so tiny in that chair. but i'm glad he's doing well. i love you and can't wait to see you!
    you went on a blog posting spree! i love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Joseph! I'm so glad he can nurse better. Babies with full tummies are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad. I almost cried thinking about it. At least you know he will be able to use his tongue when hes old enough to smooch the ladies :) I'm sure thats what you had in mind! YAY that breastfeeding is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed all the pictures. It looks extra tiny in that big chair! I can't wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister in laws baby was tounge tied and she thought it was to mean to clip it. She is now almost nine and has a SEVERE speech impedement. She sounds like she is two. So you just saved yourself years of speech. He is adorable. He looks so tiny. You look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad he is doing so well. He is so cute. Such a good mix of you and Jason. And I love your carseat!!! It's so fun to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you can nurse better now!!! I'm so sorry you had the trouble. It really is all worth it for both of you. I can't wait to see you. I bought a new car today so call me and hopefully I can come and see you! I have had a nasty time with my shoulder/arm nerve but I am getting better now! I miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I've never heard of anything like that before! Poor you having to hold him through that!

    ReplyDelete