Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

BURRRR its cold!!

I know everyone in GA was going crazy about the snow yesterday, I got a call from both of my sister in laws. I admit, I was jealous that GA had it and VA didn't. When I moved here all I heard was how I would be having all this snow and today I got my full share. I was sooo excited this morning. I also had to go to the grocery store today which is only 3 minutes away. I thought I can drive 3 minutes away in the snow no problem. Boy was I wrong.
first my car is so old and not in the best condition, that being said, my wipers seemed to be at battle with the snow the entire time. Often the snow won and my wipers would get stuck and not be able to push the snow off. I thought anything was stronger than snow. Once again, I was wrong.
Next my knob that controls where the air would flow is broken and I couldn't get it to move to the defrost and my windows were sooooo fogged up. I could barley see out them. The next problem was the fact my car liked to slide whenever I would push my breaks on. Scary!
So I got to the store and afterwards I loaded up my groceries and started scrapping snow off my windshield, then I moved to the next window and so on. By the time I got back to get in the car my front windshield was covered again!! I thought I would die. Then it took 5 minutes for my wimpy windshield wipers to decide they were strong enough to fight the snow. While waiting for the wipers to work, I started to clean my glasses off and and my lens fell out of the frame. I was going crazy!
Then I was on my way home. As I pull into my complex I released a big sigh and then ran up onto my curb. I couldn't believe it, I thought I made it home safe.
Needless to say the snow and I got off to a bad start.

Then I went out later and started to enjoy the snow.
It is SOOO deep! It has been snowing non stop all day long.
My first snowball.
I also made a baby snowman for my husband to see when he gets home. It is on our door step.

6 comments:

  1. You make me laugh!! I LOVE THE SNOWBABY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy snow wipers for your car. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best story teller. I wish I could recount all my crazy moments they way you do. Glad you got some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh and the funny part is is that I could totally see your lens falling out. I can't account to how many times I've looked for your contact lens:) By the way, this is my life EVERYDAY since Thanksgiving. We have about 2ft of snow outside and it's about 5 degrees. Fun huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You asked for snow, and by golly you got it!

    ReplyDelete